Nisha and Suraj had the most beautiful Indian wedding at Micklefield Hall and it was such a pleasure to be there to capture it for them (alongside my lovely second shooter Charlie!). Charlie had a nice early start photographing Suraj and his wedding party as they got ready at the Hilton in Watford then I was at Micklefield Hall to capture the groom’s arrival. And what an arrival it was, with drums and flares and a lot of dancing. I loved it!
After the Milni there was breakfast which we were kindly invited to partake in. One of my favourite things about photographing Indian weddings is all the incredible food! Ragasaan did an fabulous job and I very much enjoyed my breakfast, lunch and dinner (oh, and a few very substantial canapes). Thank you Nina and team!
The wedding ceremony was beautiful and touching. The priest was fabulous and translated the ceremony into English as he went along. Nisha and Suraj looked gorgeous and so happy throughout.
The weather wasn’t ideal but we did manage to grab a few minutes outside for some bride and groom portraits…it even dried up for a few minutes to let us do some without a brolly!
In the evening there was more food, more guests and a lot more dancing, and it was all incredible! Huge thank you to everyone for making Charlie and me feel so welcome, and congratulations to the very happy couple!
Supplier shout out –
- Wedding Organiser – Komal Nanda (not a professional yet but she should be!)
- Photographer Sarah Legge Photography (with second shooting by Farlie Photography)
- Venue – Micklefield Hall (with groom’s prep at the Watford Hilton)
- Caterer (so good!) – Ragasaan
- Videographer – Sheer Cinematic
- Flowers – Andrew Fleming Florist
- Garlands – The Flower Shack
- Mandap & DJ – Dynamic Roadshow