Outdoor wedding venue – Hoorah – another Micklefield Hall wedding! G & C are two of the loveliest, smiliest people you could hope to meet, and their wedding was an absolute dream! They both spent the whole day grinning, so I spent the whole day grinning too, to the extent that when I got home I realised my cheeks were hurting from having smiled so much!
Friends planning weddings often ask me about the amazing weddings I’ve been to, and what things make them particularly special. I always tell them it’s not something you can buy – although a magician or a photobooth or smores can be really fun, the biggest thing that makes a wedding incredible is the bride and groom being happy and having an amazing time. Guests soak this up and it makes the atmosphere brilliant. G & C were so relaxed and joyful, and their wedding was absolutely perfect.
Big shout out to their amazing suppliers:
- Micklefield Hall – an amazing indoor or outdoor wedding venue in Hertfordshire (v close to London but feels like it’s in the middle of the countryside). It’s run but the most incredible people and is just the most special place. Don’t visit if you don’t want to get married there, as if you do you’ll fall in love with it!
- Kalm Kitchen – another bunch of beautiful people serving amazing food (not just amazing for wedding food – if you were served their food in a restaurant you’d be delighted). Their food is always presented sublimely.
- Andrew Fleming Florist – Micklefield Hall’s recommended florist and an absolute gem. Beautiful flowers and he has the most amazing, calm manner whilst he crafts his masterpieces.
- Charlotte George Hair and Make Up – super lovely and talented hair and make up artist.
- Nashville Heat – awesome party band who add a sprinkling of folk magic to their songs (and who look super dapper in their stage outfits!).
Huge congratulations to the newlyweds – I wish you a lifetime more of grinning together!