Hampshire Wedding Photographer – This wedding made me so happy! Not only was it one of my first post-lockdown weddings (and boy did I miss work!), it was in Chawton, the village where I grew up, and where my Mum still lives. It’s my favourite place in the world. The bride got ready in the gorgeous cottage where her parents live, and the ceremony and reception were down the road in Dyers Barn.
There were so many lovely things about this wedding that I’m going to break from my normal blog post format and just give you a long list of just some of the things I loved about Julia and Andrew’s wedding!
- The Jane Austen connection – the bride’s parents house is literally next door to Jane Austen’s House (where she wrote half of her novels, including Emma) and Dyers Barn is in the grounds of Chawton House, where Jane’s brother used to live. And even better (although perhaps this will only appeal to Jane Superfans!) – the newlyweds surname is now Woodhouse!
- Chawton is such a lovely, friendly village (and possibly sometimes lacking in excitement!) – there was a big gaggle of villagers (including my mum) waiting outside Julia’s parents’ cottage to get a glimpse of the beautiful bride.
- The bride and her entourage walked through the village to the barn – always makes for great photos.
- There was a confetti guard of honour under hockey sticks!
- The cute covid details (pretty masks, and hand sanitiser labelled ‘spread love not germs’)
- The wedding cake had a tank on it (the groom loves tanks)!
- Oh, and of course the fact that the gorgeous couple didn’t stop grinning all day and the whole day was rammed full of love and happiness.
Huge congrats Julia and Andrew, and thank you for letting me capture your big day!
Love Sarah x
Sarah Legge Photography – Award winning Hampshire wedding photographer taking beautiful, natural photographs at happy weddings throughout Hampshire, Surrey, Berkshire and beyond! Give me a ring if you’re planning a wedding (ESPECIALLY a wedding in Chawton – did I mention how much I love Chawton?!).