I know I say this after every wedding season – but wow, what a year 2014 was! It started off amazingly, with being awarded ‘Best Wedding Photographer 2014’ by the ace Wedding Ideas Magazine. OK, I might have mentioned this once or twice (or 14 times) but I really was blown away to have won, especially as the panel who judged the finalists included Damian Lovegrove, an inspirational wedding photographer who wrote the very first wedding photography book I ever bought.
It was my 6th season working as a professional photographer and it was my busiest yet (partly because it’s the first time in a few years when I wasn’t pregnant or juggling life with a newborn!). It was a real honour to be asked to capture so many couple’s wedding days, and I walked away from so many of the weddings feeling like I’d almost been accepted as a new member of the family, which I absolutely love.
Here are a few random highlights of the year…
- A wedding on a vineyard, complete with vineyard tour in a little train
- Seeing the Bootleg Beatles play (the last time I saw them was in the Royal Albert Hall!)
- Returning to some favourite venues – e.g. the Barn at Bury Court, Batholomew Barn, and Nonsuch Mansion
- And making some new favourite venues e.g. Great Fosters and Russets Country House
- Seeing my first real champagne tower
- Getting on the preferred supplier list at some amazing wedding venues, including the Old Finchley Town Hall, Millbridge Court, and Micklefield Hall
- Photographing a lot of sparkly Jimmy Choos!
- Capturing my first Danish wedding, including seeing the ‘cut off the socks of the groom during the first dance’ ritual!
- But mostly, just seeing 35 wonderful loved up couples become husband and wife!
When I started writing this blog post I tried to split the photos into categories like ‘joy’ and ‘love’…but that seems to sum up most of the photos.
I guess a wedding photography article should really let the photographs speak for themselves, so here they are – all the little moments I love in a wedding.
1. The Anticipation
2. The love and joy of the wedding ceremony (especially when the bride and groom can’t stop laughing!)
3. Confetti, how I love confetti!
4. Laughter, so much laughter
5. And of course I love the loved up couples
6. Little Cuties
7. Fun times
8. Amazing venues and pretty details
9. Food, glorious food!
10. Amazing dancing
11. Some fun nighttime shots
Wow, can you see how fun 2014 was? Looking forward to catching up on sleep for a couple of days before 2015’s season kicks off on 31st January!
Love Sarah xx
Sarah Legge Photography – Surrey wedding photographer extraordinaire! Taking fresh, joyful wedding photographs throughout London, Surrey, Sussex and beyond.